06 - 04 - 15
How To Encourage Footfall To An Exhibition Stand
Engaging exhibition stands and creative conferencing are concepts that may seem out of reach to some when preparing to address audiences at live events, but they needn’t be.
Pulling in prospective patrons from a crowded conference floor can be easy if you follow these handy tips:
- Making your event stand pop with bright colours is the first step to success. This means deciding on a general theme and using banners, screens and performers. Think out of the ordinary – engage your audience with eye-catching, high resolution images and bold displays.
- Approachable hosts and hostesses who are presented in keeping with the overall theme of the stand are a necessity. They must also have a good knowledge of the product or service and a good manner to involve visitors.
- Supplement the above with stimulating talks from interesting speakers to really captivate those that have been drawn in by your initial pitch. Special guests can really give your stand a leg-up.
- An atmosphere anyone would feel comfortable in can be created with the addition of seating (priceless especially if your demonstration happens to be a long one!) and complimentary refreshments.
- Competitions, special offers and entertainment such as music can be used to set your company apart. Perhaps provide an outlet for people’s competitive edge by offering games on your stand – which also means people have a reason to linger and therefore take in more of your pitch.
- Adding an interactive element to your conference kiosk will give you a distinct advantage over your competitors. In the modern multimedia world tactile technologies are a key component in both attracting an audience and keeping them interested once they’ve been lured in.
- Tablet computers that people can pick up and touch with applications, games and literature relating to the product can make all the difference. Alongside samples and tech-demos, tablets are a great way to stay on message and help ensure there’s as much substance to the exhibition as there is style.
- The key here is standing out from your rivals to leave a lasting impression on visitors that they will take home with them – and what better way to do that than actually giving them something to take home? A goody bag full of freebies and literature that will drive home the impressive display the visitor has just been privy to always goes down well.
You have to be mindful of the balance – the object here is to both inform and entertain at the same time.
Above all, creativity should be at the forefront of everything you employ during an event. An experience the audience was not expecting is an experience they’ll find hard to forget.
Though remember: there’s no point in being there if attendees leave with little more idea about the product than when they arrived.